|The WEM resin kit is a great little build even if the lower hull doesn’t fit but a ship called Buttercup wasn’t for me, and happily, Burdock had the trendy camouflage scheme which made this a winner
The photo-etch with the kit is all you could ask for, and there were no extras to look for although I did make paddles for the dingy from stretched sprue. The rigging is a departure from my usual in as
much as it’s a hybrid of fishing line, and stretched sprue. I find that the longer lengths of rigging as better in the fishing line medium because they will last longer for me, and are resistant to my clumsy
approach to building. The shorter lines are much better in stretched sprue as the junctions – usually in multiples – are easier to terminate accurately and cleanly.
A good touch is the pennant number, and Harry Abbot’s BattleFleet Models Coast Guard set was perfect for this leaving a good number of letters and numbers for the spares box. By the way, the came
off the paper backing and stuck to the hull very satisfactorily. Finally, the explosion is all cotton wool – by a good brand one if you try this – all glued down with PVA.